SEX TOY GUIDE
20 Sex Toys That MIGHT Just Change Your LIFE
New picks of the top pleasure boosts-whether you want to go on a solo mission or share the good vibes with your guy.
- What's all the buzz about? It's the sound of more women having bed-rattling orgasms. While using a vibrator by yourself is hardly a new trend, sales of couple's massagers have skyrocketed in the past year, according to a recent survey conducted by sex-toy company Lelo, with 76 percent of women wanting to use one with their partner (and 89 percent of guys happily willing to do so). This makes sense, given that an Indiana University study found that women who use a vibrator (with or without a partner) experience more arousal and orgasms than those who don't. Whether you want to get in on the action or just upgrade your current bedroom buddy, use our slideshow to find the latest and greatest sex toys for your experience level and design preference.
- Nightstand-Friendly / For a NewbiePlop this cupcake figurine anywhere and no one will know its naughty secret: Push the button on the bottom, and the entire toy starts vibrating. Sweet.
- Nightstand-Friendly / For a NewbieThe quiet—and waterproof—single motor of this lipstick look-alike directs concentrated vibrations to your C-spot.Crave Wink Vibe, $69, babeland.com (Use whenever)
- Nightstand-Friendly / For a NewbieEach textured end—grooves, studs, or ripples—provides a unique vibrating sensation for external play on you or him.Trojan Vibrating Multi-Thrill 3 in 1 Vibrating Bullet, $30, at drugstore.com
- Nightstand-Friendly / For a NewbieBlush-worthy: Try the "tease" mode to make the flexible bristles on top pulse with vibrations.The Screaming O Studio Collection Makeup Brush TV Vibe, $33.45,thescreamingo.com (Use whenever)
- Nightstand-Friendly / For a NewbieThis drugstore buy includes a stretchy vibrating ring (for a buzzing bonus during sex) and a fingertip massager to titillate each other's erogenous zones.Lifestyles a:muse His & Hers Pleasure Massagers, $9, at Target.com (Use together)
- Almost-Real Replica / For a NewbieA basic internal vibrator that's perfect for beginners. Control the power by turning the purple dial slowly (but surely) to a comfortable level.Durex Play Allure Intimate Massager, $20.49, at drugstore.com (Use solo)
- Almost-Real Replica / For a NewbieRhinestones at the bottom make this G-spot stimulator look fancy, but they also allow for easier gripping--ideal for a clumsy partner.Adam & Eve Silicone Diamond G, $40, adamandeve.com (Use together)
- Almost-Real Replica / For a NewbieThe motors on each end are controlled separately (the curved end can be used for G-spot or clitoris play while the wider end is for those who prefer a sense of fullness).Jimmyjane FORM 6, $175, jimmyjane.com (Use whenever)
- Almost-Real Replica / For a NewbieDesigned to simulate oral pleasure, this toy rapidly flicks 10 soft silicone tongues forward and backward (or back and forth) over any body part—including your breasts or his package.Sqweel 2, $59, babeland.com (Use whenever)
- Almost-Real Replica / For a NewbieA flattering II copycat: The jelly shaft of this vibrator is realistically shaped and textured. It can also bend into any posed position.CalExotics Bendies Stud Ballsy, $40, calexotics.com (Use solo)
- Nightstand-Friendly / For an Experienced ProThis new device was designed in a spherical shape so it's easy to hold. It's also waterproof and creates a sucking sensation underwater—perfect for bath time.Revel Body Sonic Vibrator, $129, revelbody.com (Use solo)
- Nightstand-Friendly / For an Experienced ProA moving mechanism, directly underneath this toy's soft surface swirls, flicks, waves, and pulses to simulate oral sex, making it unlike any other design on the market.Lelo Ora, $169, lelo.com (Use together)
- Nightstand-Friendly / For an Experienced ProAvailable this July, the luxury version of the best-selling FORM 2 by Jimmyjane features 24K gold on the bottom and delights your clitoris as it hugs your outside parts.Jimmyjane FORM 2 Luxury Edition, $189, jimmyjane.com (Use solo)
- Nightstand-Friendly / For an Experienced ProThe original manufacturer, Hitachi, wanted people to use this classic toy only as a neck massager. (Ha! Nice try.) For a wild ride, place it between you and your man for an intense sack session.Magic Wand, $55, babeland.com (Use whenever)
- Nightstand-Friendly / For an Experienced ProThe C-shape cups your lady parts (the smaller end goes inside of you) during intercourse, leaving enough room for your guy. The result? More friction for both parties.We-Vibe 4, $160, we-vibe.com (Use together)
- Almost-Real Replica / For an Experienced ProReminiscent of a genie's lamp, the G-spot toy has a convenient handle that helps to control all seven (yes, seven) inches easily.Adam & Eve L'Arque G-Spot Massager, $100, adamandeve.com (Use solo)
- Almost-Real Replica / For an Experienced ProThe wand boasts super-quiet massaging power and touch sensors that can tell when it comes into contact with your skin, so it can adjust the vibrations accordingly.Lelo Smart Wand, $129, lelo.com (Use together)
- Almost-Real Replica / For an Experienced ProDesigned by an M.D., this newcomer uses low-level laser therapy, which emits nonvisible light waves to stimulate blood flow. Add the intense vibrations, and expect one seriously powerful orgasm.Afterglow, $199, afterglowscience.com (Use whenever)
- Almost-Real Replica / For an Experienced ProHit every pleasure zone on your lower body (including your back door) with this three-pronged vibrator.OhMiBod Lovelife Adventure, $99, ohmibod.com (Use solo)
- Almost-Real Replica / For an Experienced ProMade famous by the insatiable women on Sex and the City, the rabbit offers both inside pleasure (with a twirling shaft and massaging pearls) and outside exhilaration (with fluttering bunny ears).Vibratex Rabbit Habit, $90, babeland.com (Use solo)